Tuesday, July 08, 2003

With Apologies, America...

I just found this in the archives at This Hour has 22 Minutes. Called "Apology to America", it's more then worth sharing here.

"I'm sorry that we called George Bush a Moron. He is a Moron, but it wasn't very nice of us to point it out...

"I'm sorry we beat you in Olympic Hockey. In our defence, I guess our excuse would be, that our team was much, much, much, much better then yours".

"I'm sorry about our waffling on Iraq, I mean, when you're going up against a crazed dictator, you wanna have your friends by your side. I realize it took more than two years before you guys pitched in against Hitler, but that was different - everyone knew he had weapons."

"I'm sorry that we burnt down your White House during the war of 1812. I see you've rebuilt it, it's very nice.

"... I'm sorry that we are constantly apologizing for things in a passive aggressive way, which is really a thinly veiled criticsm... I sincerely hope that you are not upset about this, because - we've seen what you do to countries you get upset with... I'm sorry."

No comments: