Sunday, July 27, 2003

Out Of The Strong Came Forth Summer Rain

In the depths of winter, I finally realized that deep within me there lay an Invincible Summer (borrowed from Albert Camus). Yes indeed, invincible.

I love quotes. I have collected them from the earliest time when I could both write and be aware of the quotes I was coming across. Most of my quotes were scribbled down on many thousands of pieces of scrap paper, and scattered through out my life to sometimes resurface. Later, when they did resurface, I would jot them down into books, and then I would have random quote books kicking around, almost just as scattered. I guess I sort of thought (when I was a kid) that I would eventually put them into useable book format and publish them. But little quote books were made obsolete byt the internet.

Today, being the grown up that I am, I have made web pages to display my Collection of Quotes. It is much better to type them into a web page then to write them into a book... and anyone who wants to see them can.

This Blogathon has been an eye opener. I am glad that I stuck with it. I know that alot of it wasa determination, but I do owe a lot to the supportive comments, blog posts and emails and instant messages I have got today.

I will save my book writing efforts for some other project.


"The willow knows what the storm does not, that the power to endure harm outlives the power to inflict it."
Inscribed on the Ancient Taoist Sword of Balance

No comments: