Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end

Sometimes Life has a way of surprising you, just when you think your day will be about getting on with the mundane (today I had planned to start packing, thanks to Megan, who brought me over great boxes last night). In all my pretending to get on with my day today, I may have suspected something about the day would be different...

I had just made coffee when the phone rang. I already knew who it was. I think I even knew before the phone actually rang. I think I must have felt how she needed me. I hope I can be the best friend that I can possibly be today.

Nothing mundane about today, and that is ok. Today Life is all of a sudden, very starkingly, real. Hello Life. Nice of you to drop by to remind us all to get busy with the business of living. I wish you hadn't brought the man here so soon, and I wish maybe he wasn't so angry, wasn't in so much denial - this thing was over a long time ago, it didn't just end today. I wish she had been able to finish her coffee. But alas, thats Life for you.

Now all I can do is wait for her to come back.

My coffee is cold...

No comments: