Friday, March 21, 2003

BAD MOON RISING


“A” Day in The Devil’s Playground

The headlines blare, in apparent defiance, from the newspaper stands as I walk by – they speak to me… they induce guilt in my soul. My life goes on, as normal as ever even. Everything around me seems to conspire in rampant denial of a war being waged. Silent Lucidity. It seems so surgical, so far away, so out of my control and influence. I hope it is over soon and some good comes of it. What an asinine, pathetic, thing to hope for from the comfort of my cushy life. How could something like this be good? When you are on the receiving end of a cruise missile I imagine life sucks.

The Student Newspaper had some good quotes this week, I will share them with you.

“You can no more win a War than you can win an Earthquake” – Jeanette Rankin

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones” – Albert Einstein

No comments: