Wednesday, August 06, 2003

I don't always know what day it is...

It's not that I am losing my mind or anything, its just that I don't really have a job (besides parenting) right now so my main activities everyday have been to just enjoy the summer... so the concept of what "day" it is escapes me most of the time...

After a beautiful Alberta steak dinner at Nick's Steak House, we made it back to Calaway Park in time to ride the Roller Coaster before it closed. A fun time was had by all (it was Wesley's first time on a coaster). After that we headed into Kananasksis Country to sit at Barrier Lake while the sun went down. I love how peaceful it is out there, quiet yet full of it's own noises (like chipmunks). Duncan taught the kids to skip rocks on the water, we took some more pictures and then we drove home the long way - along a road that was mostly gravel, but it afforded us a glimpse of a Moose, as well as beaver dams and many cows (on/in the road). Our final stop before home was in Cochrane for ice cream at the Dairy Queen. All in all a very good and enjoyable day. Days like this is what summer is all about.

Now that the kids are sleeping Duncan and I are going to play some Civ III (lost our old game so we are going to start over). I will start considering the beginnings of a photoblog tomorrow, given that I have taken well over 100 pictures in a few short days.

No comments: