Friday, April 11, 2003

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

I woke up today thinking about mean people. I don’t just mean regular people who can be mean sometimes (as we all are). I am referring to the actual bon a fide “mean” person. That rare breed of person whose meanness consumes them as they seem to dedicate their life to it, even though it obviously makes them unhappy. You know, the kind of people Nostradamus warned us about (beware the antichrist)….

The kind you would almost feel sorry for, but they somehow seem deserving of their own misery.

Sometimes I am more of a bitch then I tend to give myself credit for (and today I feel a particular brand of bitchiness coming on). I will be the first to admit that I am not perfect, and yes, sometimes my second time around is just to apologize. But generally, as it is with most people, I am not mean, and even when I try to be I experience difficulty in sustaining it for long periods of time.

Having unwittingly introduced my very own mean person into my life (yes, I know the meanest person in the world) has given me a whole new perspective on what it actually means to be mean. If you typed in “mean people” on agoogle search, her web site would come up (if the university hadn’t removed it from their server). Meanness exudes in abundance from her, with a spitefulness typical only of an obnoxious, tyranical badger, and all in addition to other weird (read borderline psychotic) behaviour that would seem unbecoming to most people, yet somehow it suits her. (Yes I hear what you are saying, and the authorities are involved). I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, but it wont be soon enought that her attentions are directed elsewhere. Maybe I should write her a PFO letter? (Hmmm watch site for updates......)

Everyone out there who has had this same kind of experience understands and is giggling softly while reading along, and for everyone who can’t understand it – I sincerely hope you never will. It's not debilitating to bear the brunt of someone's hate and anger, but it does get old. I mean, get a life!

A rant's a rant, and I make no apologies for mine today, I just say it like it is. Mean People Suck. And you know what? I don’t have to like her. I don’t even have to pretend.

Insults for "Meanies"
Mean People Rock


No comments: