Saturday, May 03, 2003

THE MOST UNIQUE SURVEY YOU WILL EVER TAKE!!!

Well, it is unique. So here it is, sent to me by Elizabeth the Beautiful....

1. Full Name: Allison Jean Smyth
2. Were you named after anyone? Yes. I was named Allison after my Dad’s mom Alice, and he gave me the middle name of Jean so my initials would be the same as his Dad’s – Albert Joseph. Actually, my name was supposed to be Jeannie Rebecca (Jeannie after my mom’s best friend) but my dad didn’t like that name, so he went off and registered me with Allison Jean, a name he said he expected I could be Prime Minister with. I have oft considered legally changing my name to Allie Joe (middle name suggested long ago by Duncan. My name is due for a name change soon anyways, so we will see what happens.
3. Do you wish on stars? Yes… I am both the hopeless romantic and avid star gazer!
4. Which finger is your favourite? My favourite? Any finger wrapped around Duncan's?
5. When did you last cry? Duncan says it was a morning a last week on the way to breakfast. I t doesn’t really matter when, just that my tears get kissed away!
6. Do you like your handwriting? Yes I do, and others comment on it.
7. What happened to number 7? It's my favorite number, but no question....
8. Any bad habits? Well.. I maybe spend too much time on the internet…
9. What is your most embarrassing CD on the shelf? *Cringing*… MC Hammer was cool once…
10. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? I like me. I think friendship is an art, and if the quality of friends I have is a measure of what type of friend I am able to be, them yes, I would certainly be my friend!
11. Are you a daredevil? Yes, a regular risk taker and adrenaline junkie. If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space! See my dare list!
12. Do looks matter? Matter? I appreciate beauty the same as the next person, but what really carries a person forward is their inner beauty.
13. No 13 either, must be unlucky...
14. Have you ever mis-used a word and it sounded absolutely stupid? I spend too much time on the internet. I am guilty of using chat expressions in real life. Those who realize it laugh. Those who don’t just wonder…
15. Do you believe there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? I think the rainbow is treasure enough. No point in being greedy.
16. Do fish have feelings? I have had many fish in my life and seen them exhibit hunger and fear and even meanness. But I saw something really amazing when I had my first small fish tank when I was young, with an arrangement of different types of goldfish in it. One day one of these fish was so sick that it couldn’t swim to the top of the water to feed. The other fish eventually swam down to him, got underneath him and lifted him up to the top so he could eat. That demonstrated more than just feeling.
17. Are you trendy? Sometimes. I don’t have an addictive personality, but I can get into my own little trends. I am not much of a follower though, so it depends.
18. How do you release anger? Usually I talk… or write. I don’t anger easily, so if I am expressing anger you have probably done something really bad.
19. Do you have a second home? I am blessed to be welcome in many places across the world, but I have the house keys and standing invitation to my best friend Dawn’s house on Vancouver Island!
20. Do you trust others easily? Sometimes too easily, but I learn quickly so watch out.
21. What was your favourite toy as a child? I never really had toys as a child. When I was young I used my imagination and played with my cats. I read books a lot (Little Women and the Bible when I was 71/2) and rode my bike. I discovered music and liked to climb trees and play war games with the neighbourhood kids.
22.What class in school do you think is totally useless? Sigh… don’t tell my kids but I don’t have a very high impression of anything grade school. I enjoyed some locally developed courses in high school (like Law and Family Management) but I don’t think anything is really good until you get to University, where they teach you to think about what it is you are learning, not just what to think.
23. Do you like sappy love songs? Well, I am a girl… I love to listen to music with Duncan, it is a passion that we both share. He has made me many cd’s over the years full of sappy love songs. It has become a tradition!
24. Have you ever been on radio or television? Wow… lots actually, so many times I couldn’t relay them all if I tried. I did lots of public speaking (politicians daughter) as a kid, and was in the newspaper lots due to my philanthropist’s nature. I was on TV with Princess Diana when I was a teenager, and later with Princess Alexandria. I made the evening news in Junior high during massive province wide walk outs and in High school with Model UN and my work experience with the RCMP. I was a torch runner for the Commonwealth games in Victoria BC and got some TV time from that. Since I moved to Alberta I have been on TV three times (I think) – once Wesley and I gave a flag to Michelle Wright at the World Police and Fire Games and once I was a guest on A Channels (Calgary) Big Breakfast Show. I organized a rally after the September 11th incident that was publicized and I did training to work on the student radio CJSW. I actually wrote for the Student Newspaper The Gauntlet for a year. I have been interviewed for many different media, including a book that was published on events after September 11th. My kids have been on the TV and in the news several times as well. We are all born celebrities.
25. Do you have a journal? I have always kept journals but lately everything I do is done on the internet in my blog.
26. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Sometimes it is the best way to make a point!l
27. Have you ever been in a mosh pit? Yes, but I am not sure it was my favourite place to be…
28. What do you look for in a girl/boy? I notice eyes. My boyfriend has the most beautiful and deep blue eyes I have had the pleasure of gazing into. My son has eyes so green people have stopped on the streets to get a look, and my daughter was born with the most amazing brown eyes I have ever seen in a Caucasian baby.
29. What are your nicknames? Allie, Summer, Summerrain
30. Would you bungee jump? Absolutely! See question 11. It’s on my list of planned activities to tandem jump off the Nanaimo Bungy Zone Bridge with Duncan…
31. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? If I feel like it, or I have new shoes. Usually I just want to get in and relax!
32. What are you worried about right now? Riding in crazy traffic come Monday…
33. Do you ever wear overalls? Not really.
35. What's your favourite ice cream flavour? Chocolate Mousse Royal (Baskin Robbins)
36. What's your favourite color? That first yellow that dawn paints everything with. “Natures first green is gold, her hardest hue to hold…”
37. What are your least favourite things in the world? Mean people suck. People who wont yield to emergency vehicles. Bills. Not being able to help people out.
38. Do you have all your wisdom teeth? I had four but they were removed when I was 19. I had a great Dentist – I didn’t swell or have pain at all!
39. Are you in love w/ anyone? ABSOLUTELY! I am in love with DUNCAN!!!!
40. How many people have a crush on YOU right now? I wouldn’t notice…
41. Who do you miss most right now? My kids. They are at their Dad’s house for the night.
42. What do you think about the person who sent this to you? Elizabeth is one of those friends who was always there for me, even when she had to say the things I didn’t necessarily want to here. And even knowing me as well as she does, she is still my friend, and I love her to pieces for her!
43. How many piercings do you have & where? Had pierced ears once, but I didn’t like it – am soon to get my tongue pierced!
43. Do you want everyone you sent this to, to send it back? I am going to post it on my blog. People can do with it as they please!

No comments: