Sunday, May 25, 2003

I love Sundays...

My favourite day of the week usually begins with our custom ritual of going to coffee and sharing the newspaper together. For over a year now we have been going, every Sunday (even at Christmas), to a small but enjoyable coffee shop in our community. Nice couches, nice art, nice people, nice food, nice music, no franchises... except for today, when a big yellow sign was posted on the window declaring that they will now be closed EVERY Sunday. Every Sunday means we now have to find somewhere else for Sunday morning rituals and I have mixed feelings about that. I am trying to ignore the low level feelings of disappointment and lots of me thinks that customs need a little shake up now and then anyways or they are in danger of becoming the mundane. So this morning we went to the little Great Canadian Bagel shop just across the highway. Duncan's Dad came with us (Duncan and his family are having a memorial day today for his Uncle Colin) and it was mostly enjoyable, but it's not the same. It will do until we decide where else we are going to take our business. We do have another favourite coffee shop over by Duncan's office, it's called Weeds, that we have been going to for a long time as well, but its a ways away so we haven't decided if thats where Sunday coffee will be partaken or not. Still mixed feelings abide, but that is what life is all about isn't it?

So this huge wasp just flew right in my door. It's like they know that I am allergic to both bees and wasps (and after being stung last year I have been left with a legacy of extreme respect).... So, while keeping my distance and attempting to will it back out the door (Use the force...) I am also stuck trying to impress upon our big and fearless Huntress that a) it will hurt if she actually catches it, and b) she's on her own....

Anyways, as I have enjoyed an enormous amount of time in the sun (and have the workings of a great tan), today I was going to spend some time updating both my blog profile and my home pages. Currently I don't seem to be able to access my blog template so I might do a bit on the home page and then go out in the sun yet again.

No comments: