Friday, March 31, 2006

We're on Ralph's Team!

We are heading off to Calgary for the AGM in a couple of minutes... it promises to be full of drama at the very least, but at it's best a whole lot of good fun - it's going to be great to see everyone again (judging from the emails I am getting, everyone I know will be there) and the parties are going to be a blast. Make sure to look for me to get your invites to our Hospitlaity Suites!

For now I am going to leave you with the sentiments of my friend Quynn - you can read his whole post here: I'm on Ralphs' Team.

"What I will say is this: In 1993, the PC Party should have gone the way of the Socreds, the UFA and the provincial Liberals and then swiftly faded from the Alberta political scene. That didn’t happen because (just) enough people in the 1993 election trusted Ralph to do what he said he was going to do and then backed him when he kept his word, even when doing so confounded the ‘experts’. There isn’t a PC MLA elected in 1993 (including Dr. Oberg) who doesn’t owe their subsequent career to Ralph and not a person who worked in that 1993 campaign that doesn’t know the truth of the role he played. For that reason alone, Ralph Klein deserves our Party's ringing endorsement tonight. But as Josef Stalin said, "Gratitude is a sickness suffered by dogs."

No comments: