Thursday, March 16, 2006

A Hansard Moment...

"Mr. Hancock: Mr. Speaker, I’d also like to introduce to you and to members of the Assembly Allie Wojtaszek. Allie Wojtaszek is a student in Edmonton, and she and her husband, Duncan, are very active in student politics and activities. Duncan Wojtaszek is the executive director of the Council of Alberta University Students. I understood that he might be here, but I didn’t see him. If Allie would please rise and receive the traditional warm welcome of the Assembly."


I didn't realize when I woke up this morning and started my day that by the afternoon my curiousity would drive me to Question Period. Given the lateness of arriving (just moments before it started) I did not even remotely expect to be introduced to the House. Imagine my pleasant surprise - however if I had realized I would be standing up for all to see in the Legislature that day I would have worn something much different than my (very casual) bright white Chech hockey jersey with HASEK splashed across the back...

However Duncan (who has been introduced to the House more times than even I can count) had a much better experience that day - if he blogs about it I will provide a link.