Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Auld Lang Syne!

This was the year I turned 31 years old. As with every year, it was packed full of excitement:

Space Shuttle Columbia
Invasion of Iraq
West Nile Virus
SARS and SARSstock
The War on Terror
Mad Cow Disease
Toronto Blackout
BC Forest Fires
Legalization of Same Sex Marriage
Saddam Hussein's capture
FBI suspects Almanacs Users are terrorists


NEW HANGOUT: Hooters, West Edmonton Mall.

BEST GIFTS: I was spoiled this year. I got great books for Christmas - Salam Pax's The Baghdad Blog, Lou Paget's 365 Days of Sensational Sex and Mitch Album's The Five People You Meet in Heaven. I also had a great birthday as well!

FAVORITE SONG: Fallen, by Sarah McLachlan

BEST BOOK READ: Jennifer Lauck's Blackbird and Still Waters

NEW HOBBY: Blogging! And Digital Photography!

BEST MOVIE: Without a doubt, The Return of the King. Also, Master and Commander, Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions, Finding Nemo, The Last Samurai, Kill Bill Vol 1, and X2.

BEST DVD:"The Adventures of Indiana Jones"

BEST VIDEO GAME: Knights of the Old Republic.

BIGGEST CHANGE: I became engaged!

BIGGEST CHALLENGE: Moving to Edmonton

BEST JOKE: When George Bush said "Bring 'em on" daring Iraqi terrorists to attack American troops. Oh wait, that wasn't a joke...

BIGGEST BLESSING OF THE YEAR: My children's wonderful report cards (almost all A's) and their repeated excellent academic performance that earned them both awards of Distinction from their new school.

MOST STIRRING POLITICAL ISSUE: Same Sex Marriage/Equal Rights and The Invasion of Iraq.

LOOKING FORWARD TO: Schindler's List on DVD, our wedding, and a honeymoon!!!

PREDICTIONS FOR 2004: Stupid Bush will likely get re-elected. Where's a good regime change when you need it?



Here's Wishing my Friends, Family and Reading Audience all the best for a safe, happy and prosperous New Year. Here's hoping that in 2004 we learn to be a more peaceful and less greedy species.

Let me be a channel of peace,
that where there is hatred, I may bring love;
that where there is wrong, I may bring the
spirit of forgiveness;
that where there is discord, I may bring harmony;
that where there is error, I may bring truth;
that where there is doubt, I may bring faith;
that where there is despair, I may bring hope;
that where there are shadows, I may bring light;
that where there is sadness, I may bring joy.
may seek rather to comfort than to be comforted;
to understand, than to be understood;
to love, than to be loved.
for it is by self-forgetting that one finds.
by forgiving that one is forgiven.

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!!!

No comments: