Saturday, October 18, 2003

Wiggle your toes!

Determination. It is a gift we give ourselves, the moral fortitude to make it through anything and come out better for it on the other side.

Well, truth be told, it wasn't like my day yesterday was so awful that I was actually upset with it (never fear). But I did have a mild fascination with how the things I had planned, happened, but seemed to do so on their own volition at times. I don't often have days like that, and I don't remember the last one - but I was still bound and determined for it not to happen again.

And for my determiniation I was rewarded with a wonderful day! I slept in (sort of, I mean I came home and slept for four hours). Duncan woke me up to go and see KILL BILL with him. Very good movie. Again, about determination. The way the movie is directed and the action presented is amazing, but I will blog about that another day. We brought home food for the kids, and then we all headed over to Galaxy Land at West Edmonton Mall. I went on many rides with Duncan... all of them I think, except for the Space Shot, but we are likely going on that one the next weekend we have together, just us. I will post something another day about that Roller Coaster. It deserves it's own post.

To touch off a perfect evening, we each got a cone of delato ice cream (low in fat!) to eat as we walked home together, enjoying the warm fall evening. As soon as kids are sleeping, Duncan and I are going to watch the Matrix Reloaded.

Determination is a wonderful thing. I am determined to have a lifetime of wonderfully perfect days, and I can put up with the occasional off day in order to provide appreciation for the good!

Wiggle your toes!

No comments: