Saturday, April 08, 2006

Under Seige ...

There are currently more Edmonton Police Officers in my neighbourhood than I suspected actually were on duty in the whole of Edmonton at this time. I counted around 12 patrol cars (with officers in them), 1 helicopter, officers in pairs walking around with dogs, and a random patrolling ambulance (and even the WEM Security officers are out walking around).

The police have set up a containment net and clearly something has gone very wrong in the short time I have been away (I just left for coffee and politics). But dogs + roaving ambulance - assault weapons = looking for a victim (imho).

I am home alone tonight; I already checked in with the homes my kids are staying at (also in neighbourhood) and everyone is fine and the doors are locked. So now the rest of the evening seems to be left for my entertainment or curiousity - with my background I can't resist. I'll let you know if I ever find out what's happened.

UPDATE: Took a quick walk over to Mac's, the guy didn't know anything. I can say that the activity is centred around Erin Place (the complex my son is sleeping over at tonight) and I up the ambulance total to two and they are removing a vehicle with a tow truck, which is odd. Police activity is starting to calm down now...

UPDATE TWO: Everyone seems to be gone now - except for the guy who "strolls" around the block once every 10 minutes holding a lunch kit. I'll sleep better tonight knowing he's still around...

No comments: