Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Like a True Nature's Child

"Who can say where the road goes, where the day flows, only time..."
- Enya


Beautiful mornings like this often leave me wondering why the fates choose me over my brother to live and enjoy the gifts of the daily world. I am not in anyway very special or particularly more deserving than he was, yet I am the one who was left to smile when the sun hits my face. Some days it seems very unfair indeed, and there is both a guilt and a sense of duty associated with it.

I realize that lately I have been keeping my blog thoughts to myself – for many reasons: they may be too politically sensitive; too personal; too controversial; too boring, or perhaps I’ve just been too busy to blog. Truth be told all sorts of things are distracting me right now: PC Leadership Politics (rumours of at least two private citizens about to announce their bids for the leadership); Constituency Politics (My AGM is tomorrow and Mark Norris cancelled at the very last minute – but not before we spent 500.00 to advertise it); Our upcoming trip to Las Vegas (and Brett and Beatrice’s wedding); PLAYOFF HOCKEY (Go Flames Go!); finishing up university projects; kids medical problems (Wesley was diagnosed with Osgood-Schlatter`s Disease); and, among other mundane things, my dear Mother’s stubbornness (If you’re reading this Mom, know I mean that with utmost love).

Like Duncan said, at times life moves past the speed of Blog. Lately it is safe to say life has been moving pretty fast. Too fast perhaps? Not as long as I can manage it all - and there's always time for Plan B!

"When you're flying by the seat of your pants, nothing sounds more official than a Plan B."
-Narrator, Dukes of Hazzard (2005)

1 comment:

Beatrice said...

My life is also moving past the speed of blog. Wedding and teaching practicum consume most of my time. This week is going to be horribly busy. Marking assignments, last minute pre-trip things, packing, driving to LV...

Somehow we''ll find ways to make it through. We always do. :)