Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Lunch Box Chronicles





When I was a kid my parents (who weren't hurting for money) steadfastedly refused to buy me a lunch box. Ever. They mostly felt that buying licenced products was a huge waste of money and as such I spent my elementary career secretly coveting my friends lunch boxes and kits while I ate out of my paper bag or walked home for lunch. I never forgot how (when really I wanted for nothing) there was this stupid part of childhood I never got to participate in.

Well, the other day my very first lunch box arrived. I don't know what exactly got into me, but when I saw it on e-Bay I decided that I had to have it. It's an ultra cool (uber geeky) Return of the Jedi Lunch Box kit (with Ewok Thermos) from 1983.

I feel like a kid again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the whole point about being an adult. Want Oreo cookies before/for dinner? Have them. Want a Star Wars lunchbox with Ewok Thermos? Buy it. Sometimes it's wonderful to be grown up.

Anonymous said...

I too had lunch box envy as a youngster. I lived only a few blocks from school, however. Let's have a picture of the thermos!

:)

Allie Wojtaszek said...

I'll show you the thermos next time you come over! :-)