Thursday, January 22, 2004

Maestro! Applause card, please!

Being busy at work these past couple of days has prevented me from blogging about the SOTU, like I had originally intended to do on Tuesday. But to tell the truth, I found it boring and nothing, well maybe only a couple of things, even grabbed my attention. I was uninspired.

Be Afraid, blah, blah, ideal family, (Applause) blah blah, look out for the evildoers! I'm boy wonder, we did good,(Applause) blah, blah, blah. Reform, tax relief, (Applause) pariahs! Delivering justice, blah, blah, god, (Applause) good american girl, etc... (Applause.)

Bush's SOTU in this election year was pretty straight forward rhetoric that left much to be desired. Certainly nothing like the Axis of Evil comments that sparked my all time favourite Political Satire: The Axis of Just as Evil.

I agree with Boing Boing that the best part of the whole speech was this:

GW Bush: "Key provisions of the Patriot Act are set to expire next year."

Audience: [Applause]

GW: [Frowny face]


And I loved veryveryhappy's critique (via Rooks Rant) which you can read HERE. It sums it all up much in the way I would have liked to.

May the Overly Christian God continue to bless america. (Applause)

No comments: