Thursday, May 05, 2005

Cinqo des Mayo

If I had remembered what day it was this morning I might not have bothered to get out of bed.

Those who know me well enough will know that prophecy, especially "End Time Prophecy" has long been a hobby of mine, one that fascinated me through childhood and even one I studied academically along with other paranormal phenomenon. It ties in somewhat with my later research of religious fundamentalism and terrorism (helps to understand a people's prophecies as part of their motivations) if only to make things interesting. It is something I should get back to, perhaps even write about it again.

But, I digress. May 5th 2005 has long been a suggested date (in many end time communities) for the end of the world, or at least the world as we know and love it. But, as prophecy is neither an exact science nor is it without much interpretation, I suspect today shall likely pass as uneventful as May 5th 2000 did.

I'd hate the world to be ending while I was stuck at work.

That would suck.

No comments: