Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Parting is such sweet sorrow

Shakespeare knew of the pain of separating from your dearly loved one and suggested that ache could be dulled by the anticipation of the next encounter. Longing, dreaming, wanting, seeking, loving - all taking the edge off of a sadness that exists when two soul mates are apart.

Today, god willing (winter hit, the roads are a mess), I leave for Calgary. I do not want to leave Duncan behind. I sleep terribly when our bodies are not intertwined together, the comforting beat of our hearts directing our sleep and dreams. I look so forward everyday to looking into his eyes, getting lost in those beautiful eyes, listening to the rhythm of his voice, feeling the touch of his hands, wrapping myself in his arms. Almost everything I do, we do together. He is my best friend. I will miss him terribly.

I watched my kids walk out the door this morning, my dear sweet ones, and I know I will miss them too. Miss seeing how their faces light up when they talk about their days and how we play little games at night when I tuck them in... miss watching them laugh and play and even doing their homework.

Ofcourse, we are going to call each other, email, msn, write and find other ways to connect. That's a huge priority. We will still find time to visit and see each other in the next 6 weeks, I just don't know if it will be as often as my heart desires.

Until we meet again, loved ones, take care. Know that I love you more than the depths and mysteries of life can explain.

No comments: