Thursday, October 14, 2004

Love really is the key

I am an avid student of people and our humanity and how we chose to express and share it fascinates and inspires me. For a while I have been reading the blog of a woman who is trying to concieve her first child, but is travelling the journey that all couples faced with infertility must travel. I marvel at her willingness to expose her intimate desires and I grieve at her pain when her fears are made real, again and again.

I believe that honestly honouring your feelings, including the pains and the wounds, is the only way to survive life. Nothing is ever easy and you have to be able to adapt on your feet or risk insanity.

Recently she posted a link to a flash movie that another couple made about their journey (so far) with "infertility." It is amazing. It is as close as you can get to understanding without ever having been there. While you watch it consider your own humanity and how your heart moves in response to theirs.

Empty Arms

No comments: