Tuesday, May 25, 2004

When Time Stands Still

There really are no words possible to describe what it is like to hold a parent in your arms until they die, cradling them as they have no doubt cradled you. There is no real way to measure the passing of such a time, no way to weigh the importance of each moment or to reflect how suddenly obvious the real priorities in life become.

And today I noticed the grass beneath my feet, revelled in the sun upon my face, breathed in the sweet smell of spring and tried out my first day as a daughter without a Daddy.

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder;
You get your fill to eat, but always keep that hunger;
May you never take one single breath for granted;
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed;
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean;
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens;
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance;
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance...

I hope you dance...

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance;
Never settle for the path of least resistance;
Livin' might mean takin' chances, but they're worth takin';
Lovin'might be a mistake but it's worth makin';
Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter;
When you come close to sellin'out, reconsider;
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance;
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance...

... Dance...


Lyrics: Lee Ann Womack

No comments: