Sunday, December 05, 2004

It's starting to look alot like Christmas!

I have been spared something this year and I am finding myself truly grateful. For years now Christmas has been ultimately marred in some fashion by the over commercialization of the holiday - with Christmas decorations, speacials and music appearing in our society BEFORE HALLOWEEN I am usually tapped out by the time the actual holiday rolls around. I try to pretend it's not that way, but down deep I have missed the innocence I enjoyed past Christmas' with as a child.

This year I was so completely preoccupied during the election period (Oct 18 - Nov 23) that I missed all of that. Never stepped foot in a mall, never watched TV, was never bombarded with endless commercials, flyers, etc, etc. Now I find myself once again enjoying the magical anticipation of christmas and every little joy that goes with it; dreaming, decorating, humming carols to myself, feeling excited. Geniune excitement and it is a gift let me tell you.

I can't wait for this Christmas. My world, and my family, are quite different this holiday season than it was last year at this time. But with our tree up, the christmas village assembled, decorations hanging, excited giggles from kids and the first snowfall of the year, it really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

/ blog has all kinds of really cool stuff in it. www.christmas-mall-online.com