Sunday, December 05, 2010

Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy


To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past .... and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America... with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.

The life of Walter Elias "Walt" Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966) changed mine before I was even born. Like most of us, I grew up watching Disney every Sunday evening, reading the stories over and over, loving everything from Bambi to Mickey and Minnie Mouse. Then later in life I found myself sharing all of these (and more) with my own children. Everything about Disney echoes something about childhood we don't want to let go and, thanks to Walt Disney, we don't have too. 

I loved the trips we took with the kids to Disneyland and Walt Disney World. There were moments there where I was a kid again - like the first time I saw Mickey Mouse! 

Happy Birthday Walter Disney. Thanks for all the memories!
 

No comments: