Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Independance Day!

As I write this I can still hear fireworks going off all through the neighbourhood we are staying in - it's July 4th in Washington DC! While we spent our day today in Arlington, Virgina, we had the very unique opportunity this evening of watching the July 4th fireworks from the roof of the Canadian Embassy in Washington. We were also guests at the Embassy for dinner, a wonderful array of Canadian food like Prawns and Caribou (yummy), served by the Embassy's head chef (who had many reasons to be proud of himself tonight). The fireworks themselves were very cool - I've never seen so many fireworks - Sadly my fireworks pics didn't work out but here are some other pics of the evening:

Duncan on the roof of the Canadian Embassy before dinner


The Canadian Embassy has the best view of Capitol Hill


The dinner table...


Duncan and I being romantic on the roof

No comments: