Friday, July 15, 2011

The Culmination of a Childhood

As we have for many of my son's birthdays, tonight we watched a Harry Potter movie on opening night. I couldn't help but reflect back through the years that my children grew up alongside the characters in the world of Harry Potter... truly they are what could be called the Harry Potter generation - as the books and movies paralalled their own milestones and life as close to real time as could be.

I found it very fitting, then, that on the cusp of my son turning 18 years old, that we would be watching the final installment in the franchise that we had loved so much. There is something a tiny bit sad but also very epic in all of this, the end of an era, in more ways than one. But with every ending there is a beginning just around the corner, new and exciting adventures to be had and I am very much looking forward to that.

Good bye Harry Potter and friends, thanks for all the memories!

No comments: