Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Birth Place of Speed

Standing in the Atlantic Ocean

Daytona Beach, Florida. Although Daytona is way more than a beach, that's what lured us there... the promise of 23 miles of white sandy beach, surf, sun and the Atlantic Ocean, something I'd never seen before. We noted with interest certain landmarks as we drove by, like the the world-famous Daytona International Speedway, but visions of white sandy beaches kept us going until we were finally parked on the beach itself.

The entire beach is her canvas

While I was still taking in the sights, sounds and smells of an Ocean I had never seen before Raven was already digging furiously in the sand. Wesley walked as far into the surf as his clothes would allow and Duncan and I strolled the beach, taking pictures and beach combing.

Ocean breeze in his hair

Duncan still has his playoff beard here... the day we went to Daytona Beach was actually the day the Flames played Game Seven of their series against the Sharks. Needless to say we were sad when he had to shave it off the next morning. It was a good series though!

Things that make me happy

My Thing 1 and Thing 2 had a blast playing on the beach. I am so glad that we had this opportunity to visit the beach as it offered us a lovely time out from the hustle and bustle of our vacation (Walt Disney World is a lot of fun but it is busy every second of the day!).

Our Future Family

We've been talking a lot about having a baby and exploring what that would mean for us and our family... but when I saw Raven's family portrait in the sand I realized just how much we all had already made a space in our lives for our future family member to join us.

No comments: