Saturday, July 26, 2003

Web Video Art

For a few years now I have been a big fan of the social commentary that springs up from the genre of web video art - CGI (computer generated imagery). Even before it began to gain popularity there were some very interesting and critical works of art out there.

I remember being struck by the genius of the Neo-futurist's BINGO the very first moment I saw it, about three years ago. I remember assuring myself that I would never be "convinced" to be a good little Bingo. Its a great movie short, not too long, total social commentary on our ever expanding capitalist, corporate driven society.

All your Base is also another Movie short worth watching. It is funny, interesting and makes fun of us. In almost every way.

And finally, I present, Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. It has to be seen to be believed.

Oh, and btw, we now have bright, beautiful sunshine. I love Calgary.


No comments: